Job Opening: Janus Sales Associate
October 24, 2023
Share this post
Job Description: Sales Associate
A Janus Motorcycles Sales Associate must provide exemplary care and service to current and future customers. The candidate must be polite, acquire the necessary knowledge to help customers through sales, pickup, and ownership, and be organized and diligent in their daily tasks.
The key indicator(s) of excellence in the Sales Associate role are:
- Improve the Janus Motorcycles lead “close rate” through sales process excellence. Sell more bikes per lead!
- Generate more leads by opening new relationships, channel opportunities, and partnerships.
- Manage relationships with customers, potential customers, and strategic partners
Sales Associate Job Duties:
- Provide excellent attention to current and future Janus Motorcycles customers.
- Communication must be clear, concise, and cordial.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of the motorcycle and its components; their operation, materials, specifications, and manufacturing technique and origin.
- Continue to study and learn about motorcycles; their history, function, and maintenance. (If the representative does not know the answer to a question, ask someone who does, and then make sure they know the answer for next time.)
- Respond in a timely manner to ALL phone and email inquiries assigned to them. Note: The Sales Associate is not responsible for social media posts, but they are expected to monitor direct messages and look for sales opportunities on ALL channels and mediums.
- Welcome and provide service for walk-in customers. Greet the customer, show them the bikes and the shop, answer any questions they may have. Introduce the customer to the owners if they are available. Offer the customer product literature. Engage in conversation, ask questions. (Do they ride? If so, what type of bike? etc.)
- Assist customers through the entire sales process. If someone decides to buy, walk them through their upgrades, options, delivery time, fill out a physical and digital copy of an order sheet, and gather necessary information to start the build process.
- Assist with demo rides following company protocol with safety, starting, and operating instructions. No customer leaves on a Janus test ride without a helmet.
- Liaison with Discovery Day coordinator and sales and marketing team.
- Assist at Discovery Days and out-of-town Janus events if necessary.
Janus Team Duties:
- Attending Janus Discovery Days, shows, and events
- Shop cleanup
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exemplary work ethic
- Google sheets/Excel experience
- Ability to follow and process
- Good judgment
- Sense of humor
- Assertiveness with potential customers
- Receptivity to training and constructive criticism
Benefits include: Aggressive employee discount on Janus Motorcycles and merchandise, health insurance, Simple IRA, and paid time off.
Compensation: Base rate + commission
Location: In person in Goshen, Indiana
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org